RECORDED: Health Care Operations: Implications and Actions from COVID-19
Debra Harris, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Family & Consumer Sciences, Interior Design, Robbins College of Health and Human Sciences, Baylor University
Jane Rohde, Principal, AIA, FIIDA, ASID, ACHA, CHID, GGA-EB, LEED AP BD&C, Principal, JSR Associates, Inc.
Michael P. Sheerin, PE, LEED AP, CEO of TLC Engineering Solutions
Shari L. Solomon, Esq., President and Founder, CleanHealth Environmental, LLC
Vicki Worden (Panel Moderator), President & CEO, Green Building Initiative, Inc.
1.5 hours AIA LU | HSW AIA
The Green Building Initiative, Inc. (GBI) is providing this 90-minute forum for information sharing on early lessons learned from the perspective of design, engineering, and materials specialists supporting safety and resilience in health care facilities amid the regional surges of COVID-19.
1. Understand how ventilation and filtration must be altered and monitored to ensure a safe, clean and healthy indoor environment.
2. Learn the latest in protocols for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces where COVID-19 may live for a period of time.
3. Review examples of spaces that have been converted to COVID-19 treatment centers, and the use of open-air popups and mobile medical units where needed.
4. Examine opportunities to provide necessary space and resources for healthcare professionals, including day care facilities.
5. Apply these lessons learned toward future design and operations of healthcare and long-term care facilities.
Access the exam via Survey Monkey
▪ The test is open book.
▪ You may retake the exam if you do not pass.
▪ You will not receive an online score upon completion. GBI will provide email notification of your exam results.
▪ If you achieve a passing score, GBI will email a certificate of completion and report 1.5 LU | HSW AIA (if applicable)