RECORDED: GBI’s Green Globes for New Construction 2013
Megan Baker, Senior Director of Engagement, GBI
Bennett Schwartz, GBI
1 hour AIA LU Credit
This course is intended for design and construction professionals interested in green building rating systems. It provides an overview of the Green Globes rating system with a primary focus on the New Construction (NC) program, which is based on an ANSI Standard (ANSI/GBI 01-2010: Green Building Assessment Protocol for Commercial Buildings).
1. Explain the relationship of the Green Building Initiative with the Green Globes rating system
2. Review Green Globes NC surveys and the opportunity they provide for evaluating methods to achieve benefits such as energy savings, decreased maintenance costs and reduced environmental impacts.
3. Describe Green Globes for New Construction assessment areas and scoring method
4. Summarize the Green Globes assessment process
5. Identify the available user support tools
Access the exam via Survey Monkey
▪ The test is open book.
▪ You may retake the exam if you do not pass.
▪ You will not receive an online score upon completion. GBI will provide email notification of your exam results.
▪ If you achieve a passing score, GBI will email a certificate of completion and report 1 LU Hour to AIA (if applicable)
We value your feedback. Please complete the course evaluation via Survey Monkey at this link: