RECORDED: GBI’s Introduction to Green Globes and Guiding Principles Compliance Programs
Megan Baker, Senior Director of Engagement, GBI
Elizabeth Fjerstad, Senior Manager of HR & Client Services, GBI
1 hour AIA LU Credit
This course is intended for design and construction professionals interested in green building rating systems. It provides an overview of the Green Globes rating system with a primary focus on the New Construction (NC) program, which is based on an ANSI Standard (ANSI/GBI 01-2010: Green Building Assessment Protocol for Commercial Buildings). It also provides an overview of the Guiding Principles Compliance for New Construction program for federal buildings and resources available for project teams.
1. Recognize the strengths of Green Globes and Guiding Principles Compliance and the benefits of third-party verification/ certification
2. Review Green Globes NC and Guiding Principles Compliance NC surveys and the opportunities they provide for evaluating methods to achieve benefits such as energy savings, decreased maintenance costs and reduced environmental impacts.
3. Describe Green Globes for New Construction assessment areas and scoring method and discuss the Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Buildings.
4. Summarize the Green Globes assessment process
5. Summarize the Green Globes and Guiding Principles Compliance Assessment process and identify supporting resources available.
To seek AIA CES LUs or to receive a certificate of completion, you must pass the course exam with a minimum score of 80%.
Access the exam via Survey Monkey here.
▪. The test is open book.
▪. You may retake the exam if you do not pass.
▪ You will not receive an online score upon completion. GBI will provide email notification of your exam results.
▪ If you achieve a passing score, GBI will email a certificate of completion and report 1 LU Hour to AIA (if applicable)
We value your feedback. Please complete the course evaluation via Survey Monkey at this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GGGPCWEBINAR.