The Green Globes Emerging Professional (GGEP) program is designed for college students pursuing a design, engineering, construction management, and/or sustainability degree, although students in any discipline are welcome. GGEP candidates may also be architects, engineers, or sustainability professionals early in their career who do not have the 5 years of experience required to become a Green Globes Professional (GGP). The GGEP training program includes topics such as the importance of green building, an introduction to GBI and the Green Globes certification system, and sustainability concepts. This introductory credential is an excellent way for participants to become familiar with the background, topics, terminology, and processes related to Green Globes prior to becoming active in the green building community and earning the Green Globes Professional credential.
- The training is entirely web-based and self-paced for convenient and efficient learning
- Exposure to green building and Green Globes terminology
- The importance of sustainable design and construction
- Background, flexibility features, and Green Globes assessment process
- Key concepts, organization of Green Globes criteria, and point allocations
- Elements of GBI’s user-friendly Green Globes software
- Located within the course platform
- 50 multiple-choice, true/false and fill-in-the-blank questions
- Open-book using the Green Globes Emerging Professional Training Manual
- An 80% passing grade is required for credentialing
The Green Globes Emerging Professional training course has been approved by:
- The American Institute of Architects (AIA) for 5 LU | HSW
- The Alberta Association of Architects (AAA) for 5 CEU hours
- This course is intended for college students interested in sustainability and green building certification and/or professionals who do not have the required five years industry experience.
BENEFITS OF THE GGEP CREDENTIAL
- Become familiar with the Green Globes certification, a rapidly expanding whole-building sustainability certification
- Earn a designation to differentiate you from your peers and prepare you for your career
- Diversify your green building resources and prepare yourself to become a future Green Globes Professional
- Connect with other GGEPs and have access to green building mentors within the GBI community
- Green Globes Emerging Professional Credentialing package - $50
- Includes manual, online training, final exam, and up to 5 years of credentialing
RENEWAL & GGP CREDENTIALING
- The GGEP credential is valid for up to five years, or, until the minimum requirements have been achieved to become eligible for the Green Globes Professional (GGP) credential.
- At the time of GGP credentialing, GGEPs will complete the application and pay the $75 application fee. If GGP requirements have been met, enrolling GGEPs will be granted $250 toward the full price of the GGP credential ($500 vs $750), and two complimentary years of credentialing.
*contact GBI for promo code at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Renewal is required every two years after initial credentialing to maintain active GGP status and membership benefits, including access to updated training materials and listing in online directory.