GUIDING PRINCIPLES COMPLIANCE FOR NEW CONSTRUCTION & MODERNIZATION
Green Building Initiative’s (GBI) Guiding Principles Compliance for New Construction & Modernization (GPC NC) is a program designed specifically for federal construction and modernization projects undergoing Third-Party Certification (TPC) per Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Buildings and Associated Instructions.
The GPC NC verification program is intended for use by construction & modernization projects – beginning with the Integrated Design Team (IDP) Team – to construct Guiding Principles-compliant buildings. Guiding Principles Compliance assessments include third-party assessor review, and a streamlined process to minimize the amount of time and effort required from agency personnel.
EFFICIENT PATH TO SUSTAINABILITY COMPLIANCE
The Green Building Initiative’s Guiding Principles Compliance (GPC) programs are the first independent assessment and compliance verification programs enabling government agencies to determine their compliance with the Guiding Principles, removing the guesswork from the compliance process, and improving the sustainability of federally owned, leased, or operated buildings.
GBI's Guiding Principles Compliance sets the standard for accuracy, consistency, and credibility through a clear and simple yet robust third-party evaluation process. Our streamlined process and third-party assessors minimize agency personnel’s time and effort to verify compliance with the Guiding Principles. In addition to recommending improvements, third-party assessors provide a final assessment report verifying compliance for each individual requirement.
GPC PROGRAM FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Seamless and more efficient path to agency compliance
- Simple-to-use Excel-based survey used by project team and Assessor
- Third-party Design Review Assessment and onsite Assessment or Post Construction Document Review to verify compliance
- Detailed reports outlining the compliance status and recommendations
- Supplemental tools to enhance and clarify the Guiding Principles Compliance process, including dedicated technical reference manuals
- Demonstrate responsible use of tax payer dollars
GBI'S GPC NC PROCESS OVERVIEW
The GPC NC assessment process is intended to mimic the design and construction schedule, to provide timely feedback and a seamless verification.