GUIDING PRINCIPLE COMPLIANCE FOR NEW CONSTRUCTION & MODERNIZATION
Green Building Initiative’s (GBI) Guiding Principles Compliance for New Construction & Modernization (GPC NC) is a program designed specifically for federal construction and modernization projects undergoing Third-Party Certification (TPC) per Implementing Instructions for Executive Order 13834 Efficient Federal Operations for sustainable buildings (aka Guiding Principles).
The GPC NC assessment program is intended to be utilized by construction & modernization projects – beginning with the Integrated Design Team (IDP) Team – to construct Guiding Principles-compliant buildings. Guiding Principles Compliance assessments include third-party assessor review, and a streamlined process to minimize the amount of time and effort required from agency personnel.
EFFICIENT PATH TO SUSTAINABILITY COMPLIANCE
The Green Building Initiative’s Guiding Principles Compliance (GPC) programs are the first independent assessment and compliance verification programs enabling government agencies to determine their compliance with the Guiding Principles, as originally mandated by Executive Order 13423. GBI continuously updates GPC programs and materials with each successive E.O. – 13514, 13693, and now 13834 – removing guesswork from the compliance process, and facilitating to improve the sustainability of federally owned, leased, or operated buildings.
GBI's Guiding Principles Compliance sets the standard for accuracy, consistency, and credibility through a clear and simple yet robust third-party evaluation process. Our streamlined process and third-party assessors minimize agency personnel’s time and effort to verify compliance with the Guiding Principles. In addition to recommending improvements, third-party assessors provide a final assessment report verifying compliance for each individual requirement. Hundreds of federal buildings have been assessed using the GBI GPC programs – now it’s your turn.
- Third-party assessment with on-site verification of building characteristics and documentation by a sustainability expert
- Simple all-in-one process
- Access to third-party assessor trained in Guiding Principles Compliance, including recommendations within their reports
Most efficient path to agency compliance
GBI has developed a GPC NC Scoping Checklist as a free, pre-registration tool for contracting officers, realty specialists, and integrated design teams. This Scoping Checklist, in conjunction with GBI's GPC NC Technical Reference Manual, is for use during the planning stage to identify all goals and requirements for new construction and modernization projects.
The Green Building Initiative’s GPC NC program includes the following materials:
- GPC NC Scoping Checklist: Click to Download An initial document used in the planning process for determining scope and funding for projects, in advance of official registration with Guiding Principles Compliance assessment program.
- GPC NC Survey: The primary document utilized by design and construction project teams, in addition to the assigned third-party assessor, to track and determine compliance throughout the construction or modernization project undergoing GPC NC assessment. GBI will provide this survey after purchase.
- GPC NC Technical Manual: Click to Download A reference supplemental to the survey, the Technical Manual includes guidance for criteria, references, and links to pertinent websites.
GBI'S GPC NC PROCESS OVERVIEW
The GPC NC assessment includes a third-party review of the completed GPC NC Survey and supporting documentation as part of the Design Submittal phase as well as one of two final assessment options; 1) an Onsite Assessment or 2) a Post-Construction Document Review.
Supplementary reviews can be purchased for an additional fee if the team prefers more than one design review. The survey and assessments aid the Integrated Design Process (IDP) team throughout the design process per the unique goals and needs of each project.
For the full step-by-step process instructions, Click Here for GBI's Guiding Principles Compliance for New Construction Process Guide
Are you working with the DoD UFC's? Click here for a more specific version of GBI's Guiding Principles Compliance
EASY STEPS TO GUIDING PRINCIPLES COMPLIANCE
1. Request a quote for your project.
2. Purchase the quoted items and register your project.
3. Work with GBI and your Assessor to complete third-party assessments.
4. Receive a final report containing Assessor's findings, Guiding Principles Compliance status and recommendations for improvement
5. Order your Guiding Principles Compliance certificate and plaque.
To move forward with a GPC NC DoD assessment, please contact Megan Baker (503) 274-0448 ext. 109 or email@example.com.