GPC Existing Buildings
EFFICIENT PATH TO SUSTAINABILITY COMPLIANCE
GPC sets the standard for accuracy, consistency, and credibility through a clear and simple yet robust third-party evaluation process. Our streamlined process and third-party assessors minimizes agency personnel’s time and effort to determine the level of compliance with the Guiding Principles. In addition to recommending improvements prior to construction, assessors provide you with a final assessment at project completion. Hundreds of federal buildings have been assessed using the GBI GPC programs, now it’s your turn.
GPC EB BENEFITS:
- Third-party assessment with on-site verification of actual building characteristics and documentation by a sustainability expert
- A “snapshot in time” of the building detailing where it does and doesn't adhere to compliance
- A “roadmap” with a point-by-point set of recommendations for bringing the building to full compliance
- Clear suggestions for cost-effective synergies across building improvements
HOW IT WORKS
Buildings are assessed using a 100-point scale. GPC covers five different environmental assessment areas::
- Employ Integrated Assessment
- Optimize Energy Performance
- Protect and Conserve Water
- Enhance Indoor Environmental Quality
- Reduce Environmental Impact of Material
5 STEPS TO GUIDING PRINCIPLES COMPLIANCE:
- Talk with a GBI representative to discuss your objectives.
- Procure project-specific items and price and register your project.
- Work with GBI and your third-party assessor to complete assessments.
- Receive a final report containing your GPC score and rating.
- Request your Guiding Principles Compliance certificate and plaque.