Guiding Principles Compliance (GPC) Overview
The Green Building Initiative’s (GBI) Guiding Principles Compliance (GPC) programs are developed to specifically assess and verify compliance with the Federal Guiding Principles, as mandated by Executive Order 13834 Efficient Federal operations. Each GPC assessment includes a site visit, detailed documentation review, and verification of compliance by a GBI-assigned third-party assessor.
EFFICIENT PATH TO SUSTAINABILITY COMPLIANCE
The Green Building Initiative’s Guiding Principles Compliance (GPC) programs are the first independent assessment and compliance verification programs enabling government agencies to determine their compliance with the Guiding Principles, as originally mandated by Executive Order 13423. GBI continuously updates GPC programs and materials with each successive E.O. – 13514, 13693, and now 13834 – removing guesswork from the compliance process, and facilitating to improve the sustainability of federally owned, leased, or operated buildings.
Guiding Principles Compliance sets the standard for accuracy, consistency, and credibility through a clear and simple yet robust third-party evaluation process. Our streamlined process and third-party assessors minimize agency personnel’s time and effort to verify compliance with the Guiding Principles. In addition to recommending improvements, third-party assessors provide a final assessment report verifying compliance for each individual requirement. Hundreds of federal buildings have been assessed using the GBI GPC programs – now it’s your turn..
GPC PROGRAM FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Seamless and more efficient path to agency compliance
- Simple-to-use Excel-based survey used by project team and Assessor
- Third-party Design Review Assessment and onsite Assessment or Post Construction Document Review to verify compliance
- Detailed reports outlining the compliance status and recommendations
- Supplemental tools to enhance and clarify the Guiding Principles Compliance process, including dedicated technical reference manuals
- Demonstrate responsible use of tax payer dollars