DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE GUIDING PRINCIPLE COMPLIANCE FOR NEW CONSTRUCTION & MODERNIZATION
Green Building Initiative’s (GBI) Department of Defense Guiding Principles Compliance for New Construction & Modernization (DOD GPC NC) is a program designed specifically for DOD construction and major modernization projects undergoing Third-Party Certification (TPC) for the federal High Performance and Sustainable Building Requirements (HPSB) Guiding Principles.
Developed with and for the Department of Defense, the DOD GPC NC program validates compliance with Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) 1-200-02 High Performance and Sustainable Building Requirements. When a building meets the requirements of UFC 1-200-02 it is considered compliant with the Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Buildings (HPSB Guiding Principles), as described by Implementing Instructions for Executive Order 13834 Efficient Federal Operations.
The DOD GPC NC verification program is intended for use by construction & modernization projects – beginning with the Integrated Design Team (IDP) Team – to construct Guiding Principles-compliant buildings. DOD Guiding Principles Compliance assessments include third-party assessor review, and a streamlined process to minimize the amount of time and effort required from agency personnel.
UFC 1-200-02, High Performance and Sustainable Building Requirements is effective for all DOD projects. To obtain the latest version of UFC 1-200-02, visit the Whole Building Design Guide’s web page:
GPC PROGRAM FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Seamless and more efficient path to agency compliance
- Simple-to-use Excel-based survey used by project team and Assessor
- Third-party Design Review Assessment and onsite Assessment or Post Construction Document Review to verify compliance
- Detailed reports outlining the compliance status and recommendations
- Supplemental tools to enhance and clarify the Guiding Principles Compliance process, including dedicated technical reference manuals
- Demonstrate responsible use of tax payer dollars
GBI'S DOD GPC NC PROCESS OVERVIEW
The DOD GPC for NC assessment process is intended to mimic the design and construction schedule, to provide timely feedback and a seamless verification.